The objective of the project is to develop an Exercise Machine which connects to an Android device via Android Open Accessory Protocol to provide exercise related information on the display of Android device.
Getting the temperature sensor reading on my Nexus One via Android Open Accessory protocol which will be similar how data from the exercise machine is being displayed on an Android device
The project will be divided into two parts:
- The development of the exercise machine which may be a treadmill or a exercise bike with an Arduino-based controller to provide the sensors measurement such as speed, duration etc.
- The development of the Android application on an Android device that displays the information retrieved from the Arduino-based exercise bike controller via the Android Open Accessory USB connection.
- Implementation of difficulty or speed control on the exercise machine that receives commands from the Android device.
- An Android 2D/3D games that based on the input from the exercise machine.
Some of the useful resources:
- Circuits@Home http://www.circuitsathome.com/
- Arduino Labs Mega ADK Project http://labs.arduino.cc/ADK/Index
- Seeeduino ADK Wiki http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Seeeduino_ADK_Main_Board